all that glitters

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

humble pie



My life has been crazy busy lately, as i've been involved with some HUGE events. Mainly functioning as head of multiple committees for the CGOC Combat Dining in, with the Chief of Staff of the Air Force. For those who don't know, he's a four star general and the HEAD of the Air Force. It was a pretty cool experience, and i felt very small and insignificant. :) I also am the project manager for a squadron event that has made me brief all of my commanders in multiple one and one, and group meetings. Intimidating, and a huge deal but i am up to the challenge! I am exhausted and happy to go to nights in September so i can workout, work on my masters, and keep my career on the up and up.

In other news, one of our TSgts came back from Afghanistan a few weeks ago, and finally started talking about his experience. He was embedded with an Army Ranger unit and was the "doc" for an entire battalion. His stories make me proud to be in the military as what he did, is why i joined. Though i'm sure none of you would like to hear it, i would gladly do what he did. I understand in all honesty, i would literally shit myself in the situations he was in, and i am incredible humbled to hear about it. WE do not appreciate the life we have until we experience or hear about the lives of others. Though my life is far from perfect, it's pretty darn phenomenal compared to what it could be. I also have such an incredible disgust and respect for the soldiers who are dying of dehydration while fighting for our lives because the hostile fire is so "hot" that we can't drop water to them. My prayers and thoughts go out to the many amazing men AND WOMEN that i know and love who are currently sacrificing more than people will ever know. I know longer lie to myself and say that joining the Air Force was just a career move, i joined for the experience of taking care of the wounded. I am proud to be a soldier, and i will gladly get deployed.

No comments: