Life's been all about the balance for me lately, or more so trying to find that balance. I'm learning that although the Air Force has plenty to offer me, nothing is just handed to you, and you have to extremely proactive and persistent to get what you want. I'm getting slightly screwed on my loans, but not as horrible as it could have been if i didn't have a gut feeling to contact people myself. I've had multiple issues with my state of residency and car registrations, taxes, etc..but i'm learning to tackle one problem at a time and not let everything snowball as i used to do!
Work has actually been great. I work 12 hr days and i feel extremely competent. I tell my preceptor to let me take all the patients and if i need him i'll ask for help. He told me at the end of my last shift that he has nothing for me to work on, that i will be an incredible successful and competent nurse. :) It felt good. I thought i was done with school when i graduated but lo and behold i found myself giving yet another big presentation on leadership and nurses in the military on friday. I was a bit stressed, but it went off without a hitch.
I have less than a month left here and i'm really going to miss it. I woke up a huge crab this morning and really didn't know why. I ended up going for 2 hour long walk on the beach and completely cleared my head. It was such an amazing feeling to stand on the middle of the beach with miles of pristine white sand stretching as far as i could see in either direction with not another person in sight. The waves were enormous and amazing, turquoise and crashing against the beach. There were jellyfish and shells washed up on the shore and the sun was just gorgeous. It's the perfect temperature now, long sleeve and pants in the middle November...crazy! I know that i'm a water baby..being by the water makes me calm, and completely at peace. I came back from my walk, ten times more positive, and a million times more thankful for my position in life. I was thinking back to those days in college when i felt like i was in a black hole of debt and misery...when my car wouldn't even make it down the road, and the gray weather matched my mood. I have a lot to be thankful for!
Life is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment