all that glitters

Sunday, September 28, 2008

two weeks to go!

Hey Everyone~

>

>This week was by far the most challenging and tiring. I didn't have a

>single second to do anything except exactly what I was supposed to be

>doing. I managed to get 2-4 hours of sleep each night and finally

>crashed this morning after mandatory breakfast. J Man that felt good!

>However, despite the exhaustion I had a good week and I'm in a pretty

>darn good mood! This week we finally got all of our uniforms squared

>away and no longer have to wear the pathetic nametags they had given us.

>We also wore our blues for the first time, and my foot is feeling

>better! I had to give a briefing on Thursday and I was incredibly

>nervous but it went really well (my commander used me as an example

>during our debriefing). We also did a leadership challenge where they

>dumped us in this field and gave us a compass and clues and we had to

>find our way through these challenges. It was actually a ton of fun,

>and I discovered ordering people around comes pretty easy for me.

>Lol...J

>

>In other good news, we've been having TONS of informative lectures on

>top of our war, history, and leadership classes, and one of our briefs

>was from an Air Force JAG (air force judge advocate) on my favorite

>topic: fraternization! I ended up going to talk to him after the

>lecture and he was really great. He told me that because my

>relationship was prior that I wouldn't be punished as harshly under the

>UCMJ (basically you are dismissed from the military (dishonorably)

>forced to give back all your pay, and put in prison- however these are

>for officers sleeping around for the most part). He informed me that I

>SHOULD decide if I want to be with Rich but said that if I indeed want

>to stay with him, to not force myself to get married in the next couple

>weeks. He suggested I plan a wedding which my family could attend..even

>in the summer and said that he didn't know many commanders that would

>punish me based on my situation. It made me feel a whole lot better

>about it all. Sooo basically I don't have to decide TODAY what I'm

>going to do. I can just keep it on the D-L and decide as we go on. We

>are also in 2nd class now, which means we can actually leave the base

>and wear civilian clothes while we're gone! J I saw a bunch of people

>leave last night, and I had to laugh because it looked incredibly weird

>to see people wearing jeans and t-shirts..anything besides our uniforms!

>WE also no longer have tight meals: which means we can actually talk

>quietly. It's amazing how quick you can eat when you aren't allowed (we

>eat in about 5 minutes usually)...but now our lunch dp's are dragging

>out. J

>

>Life isn't all fun and games though: this Monday we have our final exam

>(HUGE ONE) that basically determines if we pass COT, and it has a

>ridiculous amount of information on it. I do believe I will be cramming

>the next couple of hours before I finally take my hair out of it's

>permanent bun and put on some jeans to go to dinner! Yay! J Next week

>we are also going to AEF, which means we will be "deploying" to a

>location where we live in a tent city for three days, eat MRE's, rappel,

>do high ropes courses, play war games, and do triage war healthcare. I

>think it actually sounds like a ton of fun (minus the black-widow,

>snake, lectures..etc).

>

>Now that I've slept: life is actually pretty decent. I was getting a

>little down the other day, but I seriously am lucky to have the flight I

>have because they're all great people.

>

>

>

>Well...I guess I should get to studying and doing something productive

>so I can actually enjoy my freedom tonight. Love you all....

>

>I will send pictures soon..I just haven't had a chance.

No comments: