Birthday Girl
I'm officially 24! I had a great birthday with all of my friends here, even though i couldn't spend it with Rich. He still managed to make my day by surprising me with flowers! :) One month down! Rich has been over in Qatar for a month now, and it's going by fairly quickly. We get to talk every other day for about 15 minutes, and then it cuts off! We also get to email and 'chat' on facebook, so it's really not all that bad. I miss him like crazy though and really can't wait until he comes back in May!
I love my job! It really is very rewarding most of the time, and i'm so thankful that i'm not on my old floor! And Drumroll please......I got my critical care fellowship! I just found out this past week and should start in August, right after my deployment! I am ecstatic to be furthering my career and actually learning again! The fellowship will be in Bethesda so i can stay in my same apartment and just have a longer drive/metro ride. It's also amazing because i will literally have the worst of the worst patients from Iraq and Afghanistan so it shall be a gold-mine of knowledge (or as critical as the military gets!).
On another note...because of this, i am setting myself up for a very distinct career path. The program is a year long, generally followed by a 6 month deployment, and then a pcs (move) to a base with critical care (this is limited). Though this is alright for me, it does limit Rich's career decisions initially if he wants to live with me. And he does :) He was just offered an overseas assignment which he declined so he can hopefully get his Base of Preference of joint spouse..we'll see which comes first. Either way, i am soooo thankful for the prospect of us finally being in the same state again! :)
School is going well...slow and steady because i just can't make myself take more than one class at a time...but seeing as though i'm going to be in the military for at least another 5 years, i'm not really worried about it! :)
It is snowing here! A total winter wonderland, but i'm not loving it. Here's to hoping that february warms up!
That's all for now..love and miss you all!
1 comment:
I already said congratulations on fbook, but Congratulations!! Liv and I are very happy for you :). And about the winter wonderland...I'm not commenting, you know where I live ha.
Post a Comment